Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Meet Catherine!




Hello, my name is Catherine Oakley and I live in Colorado.  I have been married to my wonderful husband for 8 years and together we are blessed with 3 boys (5, 7, and 16).  I am a stay at home mom and work part time in children’s ministry at my church. 

I have been paper crafting for 6 years and love how I am able to preserve my memories as art.  I have been fortunate enough to be a guest designer for the Making Memories blog and Artful Delight I have also been published several times in trade magazines.  I enjoy making single and double page layouts, mini-albums, cards and altered projects.  As for my style, I tend to think it is fairly simple but then again, it seems to continually evolve.  My latest obsession is creating things from patterned paper so that I can use in new ways on my layouts and other projects.  Really I think my style is just “me”…whatever suits my fancy at the time I sit down to create is what I produce. 

First and foremost I am a wife and mom which is often what inspires my layouts.  We love the outdoors and spend as much time as we can enjoying the beauty that surrounds us – camping, hiking, fishing or simply taking a walk around the neighborhood.

Look what Catherine did for our challenge! She made these awesome flowers from PAPER TOWELS! What a creative idea! Just love it! We'll have to get her to teach us how to make them! Great job Catherine!


4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Catherine! I love what you did with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paper towels? That is AWESOME! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great idea Catherine!! I'm going to steal it when I figure out how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete